Friday, April 14, 2017

FAYETTE COUNTY, KY APRIL 2017


Two people charged in horse neglect case

 


 

 
Brown says a number of calls came in, all with the same tone. A handful of horses were pulled from the farms.
"They seen everything from skin issues, under weight," he said.
 
WKYT asked and we're not able to show any pictures right now because the investigation isn't over.
"Owners were given chances to correct it, however they did not."
 
The owners he's talking about are Agnes Krug and Tres Delaforce. Each faces animal neglect charges.

"Investigators got called out to two different addresses, one on South Yarnallton and Athens Walnut Hill."
 
WKYT stopped by both places and asked they give us their side of the story. Krug told us she didn't want us on her property. We left Delaforce a voicemail and haven't heard back.

Officials say Delaforce isn't unfamiliar to animal neglect, that she was a complainant just last year when Mercer County investigated the neglect of 43 horses.

As for this investigation, it's ongoing. We're told the cross-town cases may somehow be linked.
Brown said, "We are safe to say that they are somewhat connected. We just don't know the relationship between the two."

As the investigation continues Animal Care & Control is taking care of the thoroughbreds. It's not clear if the horses will go back to their owners. That'll be decided in court.

WKYT
Earlier this year, we received multiple complaints regarding thin horses residing on South Yarnallton Pike.
During this investigation, several horses were seized for care and treatment issues. Lizzy (pictured below) is one of the horses from this case. Lizzy was found to be extremely underweight, covered in lice, with a wound on her neck as a result of a cribbing collar.
On Friday, a jury handed down a guilty verdict on the criminal case against the owner, Agnes Krug. She was convicted of all three counts of animal cruelty.

1 comment:

Agnes said...

I am posting a comment to this blog for I am one of the people in question that is named here there need to be some facts pointed out.
Fact number one was charged with care and control a local misdemeanor not animal abuse or.
Fact number two there was salmonella on the property that was in the ground something that Fayette County Animal Control neglected to release.
Number three it has been almost four years now since this has happened I have paid my dues and and it really would be nice if you people would just leave me alone I did not starve neglected or abused my animals I did everything in my power to make them healthy once I move them off the farm everybody gained weight back was in 4 months something that Fayette County Animal Control has neglected to disclose also I currently only own three horses who are so fat it is unbelievable I take very good care of my animals and it is a misfortune that I have in the land on a farm that was sick it was not me I did not deliberately do this to my animals as a matter of fact I exhausted all of my finances trying to correct the situation please can you stop dredging this up I have learned my lesson about the horse Community they don't give a damn about the horses all they care about is smearing your name you truly do not care about the animals all you care about is Raising suspicion and creating chaos and drama the horses are the ones in the long run end up suffering an FYI one of the horses at Fayette Animal Control took they ended up having to put down because they let her see epm. get so bad that she could no longer stand up. And after everything was said and done they were going to give me my horses back to the tune of $10,500 so that shows you exactly what all this was about it was about money it was not about the actual care and the welfare of the horses and as far as Lieutenant Hamilton from Fayette County Animal Control is concerned she is a lying gaming no good person who should not be where she's at with any form of power she lied through her teeth she never gave me any guidelines she never gave me any specific things that she needed corrected all she gave me was a verbal statement saying she needed Improvement could not read a weight tape to save her life and called my other veterinarian a wannabe so that's my comment on this blog now here it is August 17th 2021 it's time for people to leave me alone and let me get on with my work I have saved thousands of horses from going to to Slaughter I'm a einetwork for horses to be saved that do not come into my possession as I stated I currently own three horses I can properly take care of the three horses that I currently own without any problems and I would like to keep it that way people please leave me alone and stop dredging up old business we have a bigger crisis on hand like the slaughtering of our wild horses like the fact that the Thoroughbred industry is still not taking any responsibility for Cyril great racehorses being dumped for me after their owners and their trainers deem that they are no longer usable things need to change we need to actually start helping the horses instead of pointing fingers at people let's get back to what really matters and that's the horse not our blog not our website not our reputation the horse's life